Tuesday, March 21, 2006

If you're feeling sinister, go off and see a minister...

The travelling these past couple of weeks has been hectic, but fun.

Even driving through the snowstorm in Michigan where I could barely see two feet ahead of me. The only comfort I drew was from the fact that other drivers around me seemed undeterred as they zipped along. Soon, I too joined in the fun, got tired of getting stuck behind boring semis, and beat Yahoo! Maps time predictions by an hour each time. I am beginning to sense what thrill racers get. Maybe. The fact shall be kept from Amma.

Chicago area was, as expected, crazy. What with the construction, lane width reductions, mad drivers etcetera. In total contrast was I-74, which, as usual, is one boring strech. Other than a spattering of activity near Danville, the rest makes me totally understand why some people say they fall asleep at the wheel.

The people I met were all real nice to me, so that was another plus. Lots of smiles and good conversation. Chatted up with the owner of this Afghani place I had dinner at--nice.

I also ate the most delectable food at his restaurant, and apparently my brownies were super, as usual. Hershey's unsweetened chocolate bars are my best friends.

There..miles, people and food..keeping me away from posts. Good stuff. Now work beckons and I must get back into it.